Organizational and environmental awareness
Understanding the workings, structure and culture of the organization as well as the political, social and economic climate in which the organization operates.
Understands formal structure
- Recognizes and uses formal structure, rules or processes to accomplish work.
- Demonstrates understanding of the general environment within which the program operates.
Understands informal structure and culture
- Has a good understanding of the unwritten and informal structure, culture and rules.
- Effectively uses both formal and informal channels, including networking, for acquiring information, assistance and accomplishing work goals.
- Quickly adapts to varying cultures and circumstances.
- Is aware of events external to NRC that impact on the organization.
Understands organizational politics, issues and external influences
- Anticipates issues, challenges and outcomes and effectively operates to best position for the program.
- Demonstrates an understanding of NRC's vision when providing advice on directions.
- Uses an understanding of issues and culture to anticipate impacts and to develop strategy and positions.
Understands and operates effectively in a broad spectrum of political, cultural and social milieux
- Demonstrates broad understanding of political, social and economic context within which NRC operates.
- Operates successfully in a variety of social, political and cultural milieux.
- Uses broad understanding of political, social and economic context to provide advice on NRC future directions.
- Seeks to change organizational culture and practices to improve the success of the organization.
- Date modified: