The National Research Council (NRC) is the Government of Canada's premier research and technology organization (RTO). RTOs are mission-oriented providers of innovation services to firms and governments, dedicated to building economic competitiveness and, in doing so, improving quality of life.
NRC partners with Canadian industry to take research impacts from the lab to the marketplace, where people can experience the benefits. This market-driven focus delivers innovation faster, enhances people's lives and addresses some of the world`s most pressing problems. We are responsive, creative and uniquely placed to partner with Canadian industry, to invest in strategic R&D programming that will address critical issues for our future.
Each year our scientists, engineers and business experts work closely with thousands of Canadian firms, helping them bring new technologies to market. We have the people, expertise, services, licensing opportunities, national facilities and global networks to support Canadian businesses.
NRC helps Canadian industry by:
- working with Canadian companies on research projects that respond to their research and development priorities and Canada’s economic prosperity;
- opening the doors to world-class infrastructure, technical expertise and people; and,
- developing international networks to ensure timely access to emerging research and technologies and markets.
In this section, you will find more information about how NRC is organized and governed, where we are located across Canada, and links to our corporate publications and financial statements.
NRC is a government of Canada organization. Our mandate is set out in the National Research Council Act.
To be the most effective research and development organization in the world, stimulating sustainable domestic prosperity.
Working with clients and partners, we provide innovation support, strategic research, scientific and technical services to develop and deploy solutions to meet Canada's current and future industrial and societal needs.
- Impact: We make a positive difference for our stakeholders.
- Accountability: We are responsible for our work and our workplace.
- Leadership: We value leadership, initiative and the application of best practices in our work.
- Integrity: We engage fairly and openly to earn credibility and trust.
- Collaboration: We actively collaborate to generate better solutions.
- Date modified: