Program Advisors (2 positions)
Industrial Research Assistance Program
Ottawa - Ontario
The incumbent is an important member of the Division Services Office of the NRC’s Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP). NRC-IRAP supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) in Canada to grow wealth creation for Canada through technological innovation.
NRC-IRAP helps firms to develop technologies and successfully commercialize them in a global marketplace. They do this by providing technical and business advisory services and financial assistance to the small and medium-sized enterprises they serve.
Reporting to NRC-IRAP’s Program Expertise Director, the incumbent is part of a team of subject matter experts who seek continuous program improvements to pursue NRC-IRAP’s mandate.
The Program Advisor provides advisory and assessment services on the management of innovation programs by IRAP. The Program Advisor plays a key role in preparing business cases and planning strategic programs and projects, which includes developing and implementing these programs and projects.
The Program Advisor is responsible for supporting IRAP's work with SMEs by providing advice and guidance related to IRAP Innovation programs in key areas such as policy development, performance measurement and partnership formulation, in addition to developing risk mitigation strategies.
The incumbent brings expertise in transfer payment delivery and defines the strategic direction that guides the development of policies, procedures and processes, as well as IT and training matters. The incumbent leads projects in collaboration with program officers and stakeholders.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
A university degree in Science, Engineering, Business or Public Administration.
- Recent and significant experience in the provision of expert advice and guidance to senior management in the administration of government programs, preferably contribution programs.
- Recent and significant experience in one or more of the following: development of performance measurements, design of transfer payment programs, audits, evaluations.
- Experience in dealing with challenges faced by innovative small and medium enterprises.
Recent: experience obtained within the last 2 years.
Significant: at least 3 years of experience.
Condition of employment
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Knowledge of design, implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Ability to research, analyse and provide advice related to program administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Client Focus (level 3)
- Partnering (level 3)
- Teamwork (level 3)
Management Services cluster:
- Conceptual and Analytical Ability (level 3)
- Initiative (level 3)
- Organizational and Environment Awareness (level 3)
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with NRC's directives.
06/30/2017 (5 days)
Applications will be accepted until 23:59 Eastern Time
To obtain a copy of the job description
Please direct your questions, with the hiring number (10-17-0192) to:
Telephone: (613) 949-7685
- Date modified:
- This page is updated continuously.