Client Relationship Leader
Business Management Support
This is a continuing position.
Working with clients and partners, the National Research Council Canada provides strategic research, innovation support, scientific and technical services to develop and deploy solutions to meet Canada's current and future industrial and societal needs. Guided by our core values of impact, accountability, leadership, integrity and collaboration, NRC is a dynamic and vibrant organization that, in its ongoing evolution, is seeking a Client Relationship Leader (CRL) to support its strategic business activities :
Security and Disruptive Technologies, Edmonton, AB
Business Management Support (BMS) aligns Business professionals to NRC activities, providing business expertise and related support in a coordinated and responsive manner. This centralized flexible approach allows NRC to prioritize and channel resources in order to grow its diverse business in a strategic and pro-active way.
The Client Relationship Leader (CRL) is expected to achieve targeted growth objectives, drive initiatives for both target and key accounts that exceed expectations in revenue growth and retention, account profitability and client satisfaction. The CRL analyzes client requirements and promotes NRC capabilities that solve identified needs.
The CRL supports the business by aligning market analysis, identifying targets, leading due diligence efforts and structuring/negotiating deals that maximize benefit and impact to the Canadian economy while meeting NRC objectives and policies. The CRL is responsible and accountable for the development, negotiation, implementation and management of important client relationships and associated agreements to enable technology transfer and commercialization of technology based innovations.
The CRL provides strategic market guidance, sales & marketing expertise, and new business approaches that will influence business objectives and strategic plans, increasing and strengthening NRC value proposition and relationships with its clients.
The candidate must indicate, within their application, one or several positions of sectorial interest that best match their areas of specialization. CRLs may be engaged across sectors as required to address operational requirements.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Business Administration.
Masters of Business Administration would be an asset.
• Significant and recent experience in generating and fostering new opportunities in a research or technology environment that have translated into impactful deals and contracts for the organization.
• Significant and recent experience in researching, negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements to successful closure.
• Significant and recent experience in partnership development and leveraging intellectual property to meet client needs.
• Significant experience in communicating both verbally and in writing technology business opportunities to potential and existing clients.
Condition of employment
Various Linguistic Requirements
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
• Solid working knowledge in the desired sector(s) required to support clients and demonstrated market awareness of current and emerging technologies and key players in this field.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to use well developed influencing strategies to achieve outcomes.
• Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet revenue objectives, outreach or marketing targets through opportunities which are aligned with strategic goals and that have had significant impact for the organization.
• Proven record of success in analyzing market dynamics and translating them analysis into business opportunities with key prospects and accounts.
From the Management Services cluster:
• Communication – Level 4
• Client focus – Level 3
• Results Orientation – Level3
• Teamwork – Level 3
• Conceptual & analytical ability – Level 3
From the Technology Extension cluster:
• Business understanding – Level 4
• Partnering – Level3
• Networking – Level 3
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with NRC's directives.
These positions are classified as a Research Council Officer (RCO), a group that is unique to the NRC. The RCO group uses a person-based classification system instead of the more common duties-based classification system. Candidates are remunerated based on their expertise, skill, outcomes and impacts of their previous work experience. The salary scale for this group is vast, from $38,921 to $125,067 per annum, which permits for employees of all levels from new graduates to world renowned experts to be fairly compensated for their contributions. In addition, an incumbent occupying a position within the RCO Groups is currently entitled to receive a terminable allowance of $8,000 per year plus the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 a year.
Posted until filled
An eligibility list for external candidates only may be established for similar positions for a one-year period.
Overtime will sometimes be required.
Occasional national and international travel may be required. Irregular hours and weekend work may sometimes be required.
In order to ensure a prompt and efficient processing of applications, candidates are encouraged to provide, along with their résumé, a detailed covering letter explaining how they meet each of the requirements of this position (education, experience, language requirements) by providing concrete examples.
Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
These positions are being advertised internally and externally simultaneously; however, first consideration will be given to internal NRC applicants.
These positions are being re-posted. If you had previously applied, you don't need to apply again.
To obtain a copy of the job description
Please direct your questions, with the hiring number (148-12-0454) to:
- Date modified:
- This page is updated continuously.